Introduction to jacquard knitting
This two-day intensive workshop introduces the Shima Seiki Apex system to create knitted jacquard designs using both the Design and Knit software enabling each participant to produce their own customised knitted scarf.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the basic production process of machine knitted textiles
- Be introduced to the Shima Seiki Apex Design and Knit programming software
- Create and visualise jacquard designs using a range of techniques
- Learn how to design a jacquard knit pattern using Adobe Photoshop
- Develop and produce your own custom knitted scarf
Limited to only 4 places, this workshop offers a high level of tutor to student contact and will introduce digitally knitted jacquards to participants. The workshop is open to beginners as well as those with advanced levels of knit expertise. You will be guided through various techniques of creating a jacquard design and develop your own 4-colour customised design. As well as learning about the design process there will be the opportunity to knit a sample scarf to take home. Participants might wish to bring along some of their own photographs or designs on a USB drive.
Regular fee: $525.00
Full-time student fee: $325.00
Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 November 2022. Register here.