Knitwear Design Using the Shima Seiki Apex 3 Design System
This 2 day short course introduces the Shima Seiki Apex Design System for knitwear. The Apex Design System enables the user to:
- Introduce knitwear to their product range
- Design and visualise in 3D a knitwear range without the expense of initial sampling
- Quickly and easily make an exact representation of knitted fabric in various gauges
- Knit virtually on screen using various yarn and yarn combinations
- Create colour ways and swatches for sales presentations
- Virtually create garments in 3D for design/sales presentations
- View a ‘split screen’ perspective to easily communicate designs to technicians
This intimate course will enable you to design knitted fabrics and garments and to produce “virtual” knitted swatches for use in range development, production specifications and sales presentations. It will appeal to those actively involved in knitwear design, those who wish to venture into knitwear for the first time, and anyone involved in the design and specification of knitwear ranges. Only six places are available on this course due to the specialised Shima Seiki Apex design software used. A high level of tutor to student contact is a feature of this course.
2019 course dates:
Our 2019 course dates will be announced in December – please subscribe to our newsletter to receive automatic updates on course and workshop dates for 2019.