- TEXTILES: APPLICATIONS, SOURCING AND LOGISTICSThis 1-day course is intended for those who wish to learn more about fabric suitability for purpose, off-shore sourcing and logistical knowledge associated with factory selection, costings and material quality standards. The course is aimed at...
- 3 HOUR FELTING SESSIONSThese 3 hour felt making sessions enable students and external designers to develop their machine felting design and making skills on the lab's FeltLOOM®.
- E-TEXTILE AND SOFT CIRCUIT DESIGN WORKSHOPThis two day introductory e-textile workshop is aimed at designers, educators and crafters who would like to learn more about e-textiles and soft circuits. The course is intended to provide participants with the basic knowledge and tools to incorporate electronics and computing into their own creative and/or teaching practices.
- FELTING WORKSHOPThis introductory 1-day workshop will teach the use of the FeltLOOM® needle-felting machine as a tool for textile design and creation. An understanding of the machine operations and techniques for making felted fabric designs that can be used for items such scarves and shawls will be gained.
- DIGITAL TEXTILE DESIGN: REPEATING PATTERNSThis short course provides Intermediate Level Photoshop skills for Textile Design. It focuses on creating repeating patterns for both fashion and textile applications using digital printing technology.
- INTRODUCTION TO TEXTILESThis course has been designed to help those entering or currently engaged in the fashion, apparel and textile industries to improve their technical awareness and to gain a wider appreciation of the many facets of the ‘textile pipeline'.
- PHOTOSHOP BASICS FOR TEXTILE DESIGNThis introductory level short course is run over 2 days and introduces the use of Photoshop as a design tool for digital textile printing. An understanding of Photoshop functions and working with layers will be gained from this course.
- KNITWEAR DESIGNThis 2 day short course introduces the Shima Seiki Apex Design System for knitwear.